We now have Pommeax Apple Dessert Wine and Poirissimo Pear Dessert Wine back in the Tasting Room. Hurray!
We also bottled up some new Cask Strength Brown Dog. It will probably rotate into the Tasting Room this weekend.
The 2011 pomage of Pommeaux is gone from the Tasting Room.
We are on track to release the 2012 Orchard Oriole Perry and Kinglet Bitter Draft Cider next weekend. These will be Tasting Room exclusives this year.
We also have all the glass on hand to bottle up more dessert wines. You should come out and see how stuffed the winery is right now.
Low Inventory :
Pommeaux Apple Dessert wine. More will be ready in early summer. Call if you’d like some of the current batch set aside.
Poirissimo! Pear Dessert Wine
WI Immature Brandy.
Cherry port-style dessert wine.
• Blend of sour, morello and sweet cherries with wild cherries.
• Fortifying spirits from Great Lakes distilleries.
• Intense bouquet and flavor. Like sipping tart cherry pie.
• Try with nuts (we suggest hickory) or chocolate. Makes a decadent marinade for London Broil. Cheese match: Carr Valley Cocoa Cardonna.
- Body: Medium, Heavy
- Sweetness: 10
- Tartness: 8
- Alcohol: 18
Cultivars: Montmorency, Balaton, Heidelfingen, wild chokecherry
Pear Dessert Wine
• Inspired by French classic – made on orchards in Normandy.
• Minimally fermented Reserve ‘sweet’ pear cider plus pear brandy from our own distillery.
• Stunning pear bouquet. Intense ‘more than fresh’ pear flavor. Fades to delicate, yet crisp, aftertaste with incredible length.
- Body: Smooth, Heavy
- Sweetness: 8
- Tartness: 3
- Alcohol: 17
Sweet, Very Pear, solid fruit, hint of spice, lingering
Pears: Comice with Bartlett Brandy
Pairings: Caramel Pretzels, Brandy cocktail
Bottle: 375mL flint icewine
Low inventory alert: Cerise is under 10 cases left. Also, we’re not planning on making it for a while, as Charles has another dessert wines idea in the works.